Addon Hardware Features
The DuetWifi has a number hardware addons:
The PanelDue is a colour touch screen controller for the Duet and other 3dprinting electronics that support it.
- The control board and firmware support 3 screen sizes: 4.2", 5" and 7", at two resolutions: 480×272 (4.3-inch displays) or 800×480 pixels (5- and 7-inch displays).
- 5V power from host 3D printer controller.
- 2-wire async serial interface with 3.3V signal level (5V tolerant input).
- Connections to the external SD card socket that is included on most compatible displays is available via a 10-way ribbon cable connector on version 2.0 PanelDue boards.
- 4-wire cable to connect the PanelDue to your controller board for the serial and power connections.
A PanelDue v1.1 with a 4.2" screen:
A differential modulated IR height sensor. The sensor detects the target height by looking for the reflected light from two separate LEDs to be equal. The two LEDs are positioned such that they reflect light into the sensor at slightly different heights. This allows the sensor to be used most any bed surfaces.
It connects to the DuetWifi through a dedicated probe header.
PT100 temperature sensor daughter board
The Duet WiFi supports up to two MAX31865-based daughter boards. Each daughter board supports two PT100 temperature sensors:
A total of two temperature sensor daughter boards (PT100 or Thermocouple) are supported on the DuetWifi, with a further 2 on the Duex2 or Duex5 bringing the total to 8.
Thermocouple daughter board
The Duet WiFi supports up to two MAX31855-based daughter boards for supporting thermocouples. Each daughter board supports two K-type thermocouples.
A total of two temperature sensor daughter boards (PT100 or Thermocouple) are supported on the DuetWifi, with a further 2 on the Duex2 or Duex5.